Vive La Revolution in Arcadia’s Cuban Expedition
Mark May 8, 2023 in your diary for an insider’s peek into Cuba, led by historian, Michael Bustamante. Arcadia Expeditions have created a 16 day expedition to explore the history of the Revolution in Cuba with curated meetings with Cubans from all walks of life. Follow Fidel Castro’s revolution when Cuba was catapulted to the forefront of a global power struggle, with events such as the Bay of Pigs Invasion and the Cuban Missile Crisis. Against all odds, the Cuban revolutionary experiment continues today, with the country remaining one of the last outposts of state socialism.
The colonial cities of Trinidad and Havana
This expedition gives guests a behind the scenes insight into life in modern Cuba. It includes extended stays in the colonial cities of Trinidad and Havana. There will be rides in classic cars, snorkelling over war relics, learning percussion or salsa and sampling of cigars and rum with local experts.
Curated meetings include time with local journalists, artists, entrepreneurs, and even Che Guevara’s son. Accommodation ranges from luxury boutique hotels through to a rustic farm stay in the village of Santo Domingo.
This 16-Day expedition, limited to just 12 people, is priced at AUD$15,500 per person and has two departures: 9th-24th May 2022 and 8th-23rd May 2023. The expedition is also available for private departures.
16-Day expedition Inclusions
- Meals as per itinerary (15 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 11 dinners) including welcome and farewell dinners
- Private airport transfers (arrival and departure)
- Accommodation as stated on a twin-share basis
- Porterage at hotels
- All land transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Services of an Arcadia Expedition Leader and tour escort
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees to sites mentioned in itinerary
- Reusable responsible travel water bottle with daily drinking water provided
- Gratuities/tipping for local guides, drivers, accommodation staff and restaurants for included meals
- All taxes
- Return international flights
- Passport and Cuba Tourist Card charges
- Items of a purely personal nature (i.e. telephone calls, laundry etc)
- Excess luggage
- Lunch and dinners not specifically mentioned as included in itinerary
- Travel insurance with health cover (a compulsory Cuba entry requirement)
For more personalised information tips and advice, or to book an incredible holiday contact your local TravelManagers’ personal travel manager here.