Rooftop bar and restaurant, breathtaking 360-degree views of the Newcastle city
Newcastle’s hotly anticipated Crystalbrook Kingsley opens its doors on Wednesday, 9 June, bringing a new level of sustainable luxury to Australia’s seventh largest city and gateway to the Hunter Valley.
Situated in the heart of Newcastle, opposite Civic Park, Crystalbrook Kingsley transforms the city’s former Council Administration Centre, locally known as the Roundhouse, into an elegant and sophisticated 130 room five-star hotel.
Moments away from the City Hall, Civic Theatre, Newcastle Art Gallery and War Memorial; Crystalbrook Kingsley is culturally connected, celebrating Newcastle’s yesteryear as well as its burgeoning future.
The multimillion-dollar redevelopment preserves the original façade of the Roundhouse building and adds a plush interior inspired by Newcastle’s coal mining past, a rooftop bar and restaurant, and ground level café.
Destinations in themselves, the rooftop bar and restaurant, named Romberg’s and Roundhouse* respectively, in tribute to the building’s architectural history, boast breathtaking 360-degree views of the city.
Full-grown olive trees at Roundhouse restaurant create a natural canopy of stippled shade over tables throughout the day affording guests the experience of dining in a curated orchard. Also noteworthy; 80% of produce served is grown within a three-hour radius of the hotel.
Sustainable initiatives – 100% waste-free bathrooms
In an Australian first, Crystalbrook Kingsley will have 100% waste-free bathrooms, with all bathroom amenities biodegradable or recyclable.
Other sustainable initiatives include the use of upcycled and recycled material in construction, a single-use plastic free environment, keyless room access, and paperless check-in and check-out.
Crystalbrook Collection was also able to recycle the vast majority of internal materials that needed to be removed in the transformation.
All rooms and suites come equipped with technology sweeteners including tablet control centres, STAYCAST by Google for video streaming, and access to hundreds of recent release complimentary movies.
For bookings and more on the property visit crystalbrookcollection.com/kingsley
Crystalbrook is one of Australia’s leading sustainable and innovative independent hospitality companies. Each hotel in the portfolio carries an authentic expression of its location, a passion for responsible luxury, considered design and a twinkle of fun for a uniquely enriching experience.
Crystalbrook’s portfolio includes:
- Crystalbrook Riley, Cairns, Queensland
- Crystalbrook Albion, New South Wales
- Crystalbrook Byron, Byron Bay, New South Wales
- Crystalbrook Bailey, Cairns, Queensland
- Crystalbrook Flynn, Cairns, Queensland
- Crystalbrook Kingsley, Newcastle, New South Wales
- Crystalbrook Brisbane – opening 1 July 2021
The Group also owns and operates a collection of ten restaurants, three spas, Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina in Port Douglas along with Crystalbrook Station and its subsidiary pastoral businesses.
Responsible Luxury and sustainability is at the forefront of the way Crystalbrook thinks and operates. At a glance:
- Operating a single use plastic free environment. No plastic straws, water bottles or single use bathroom amenity bottles (in the past two years the Group has saved over three million plastic bottles from entering landfill)
- Farming their own beef
- Sourcing at least 80% of produce from within a three-hour drive of each hotel
- Use of technology, such as in-room iPads and mobile check-in to create paperless environments and experiences
- Use of recycled and upcycled materials. Examples include key cards made from recycled wood, coat hangers made from recycled paper and toothbrushes made from sugar cane and cornstarch
Crystalbrook Collection and Ghassan Aboud Group
Crystalbrook Collection is part of Ghassan Aboud Group promoted by international entrepreneur and philanthropist Ghassan Aboud. The group is a multi-business conglomerate engaged in automobiles, real estate, hospitality, FMCG, food, retail, bespoke catering, media and logistics. In business for more than two decades, the group operates from its global headquarters in the United Arab Emirates with offices in Australia, Belgium, Jordan and Turkey.
For more personalised information tips and advice, or to book an incredible holiday contact your local TravelManagers’ personal travel manager here.