Luxury cruises from Australia
Spice Islands cruises by Coral Expeditions
Four new extended voyages for 2025
Coral Expeditions, Australia’s pioneering cruise line, has today announced the launch of four new 18-night extended voyages to Raja Ampat and Spice Islands of West Papua in early 2025. The release coincides with the current expeditions in March and April on Coral Adventurer which are both sold out due to popular demand. These voyages are the first back to the region since 2020.
“We have seen extraordinary demand for this region due to its rich mix of marine life, spectacular coastal landscape and living cultural traditions” said Commercial Director Jeff Gillies about the launch. “The chance to swim with the majestic whale sharks is the major attraction, however many guests fall in love with the people of Papua and their traditions”.
The new expeditions are scheduled for the peak summer season from January to March in 2025 and will be hosted on Coral Geographer. Each trip will have fewer than 120 guests and be accompanied by expert guides in keeping with our true expedition ethos.
New dates for Coral Expeditions cruises
Darwin to Sorong > 18 nights departing 24 January 2025
Sorong to Darwin > 18 nights departing 11 February 2025
Darwin to Sorong > 18 nights departing 2 March 2025
Sorong to Darwin > 18 nights departing 20 March 2025
As is the case with most Coral Expeditions voyages in remote international regions, the company will charter a jet aircraft for guest transfers from Darwin to Sorong and return.
Coral Expeditions itineraries
- Three days in spectacular Raja Ampat, the famed archipelago of the “four Kings”
- Swimming with the gentle and majestic giant whale sharks at Cenderawasih Bay
- Discovering Wayag’s ‘gumdrop’ islands and be rewarded by the view from Pindito Peak
- Enjoying a welcome to Banda Neira by the traditional Kora Kora canoes
- Exploring the ancient spice kingdoms fought over by English, Dutch, and Portuguese explorers
- Learning the customs & cultures of West Papua and Indonesia, and experiencing local culture, including traditional dance, handicrafts and local cuisine
With only 60 staterooms available it is anticipated that these expeditions will sell fast. Prices start from $17,590 per person.
For more personalised information tips and advice, or to book this incredible holiday contact your local TravelManagers’ personal travel manager here.
For more information visit travelmanagers.com.au