Space Summer Camp led by Nicole Stott
COMO Hotels and Resorts in the Maldives announce Space Camp
COMO Hotels and Resorts and its Maldivian island retreat COMO Maalifushi have announced a Space Summer Camp led by American astronaut Nicole Stott. The experience, which will be available exclusively from August 12-20, features immersive, one-of-a-kind experiences lead by Stott.
Participation in the Space Summer Camp will be offered to all guests on a complimentary basis during Stott’s residency, providing aspiring young astronauts with the opportunity to discover a host of activities that promise adventure whilst educating about the universe at the same time. Guests can jump in at any point while the camp is running, to enjoy a fun-filled itinerary of space-themed island experiences which include:
Space-training Snorkelling Safaris through to Stargazing
- Stargazing in the Evenings – Nicole Stott will regale travellers exciting tales of the galaxy. The dark sky reserves of the Maldives allow for incredible viewing of the Milk Way, even from the naked eye
- Space Suit Decorating – Participants have the opportunity to decorate a real space suit with space flights, reinforcing a connection between art and science.
- Postcards to Space – Travellers can join Stott’s international space mail project by writing to the brave astronauts in space. The messages and artwork will be combined with contributions from children around the world and sent to put a smile on the space-travellers’ faces.
- Space-training Snorkel Safari – Fun Fact: Stott once spent 18 days living underwater in preparation for spaceflight, at the Aquarius Undersea Laboratory. Space Camp participants can hear about her experience, have a chance to ask questions, and get a glimpse into the feeling on a snorkel safari in the property’s house reef.
- Art from Above
- Space Snacks
- A treasure hunt on Lavadhoo Island
- Movies under the stars
- A bonfire night with s’mores and a talent show
- And more!
COMO Maalifushi is the first and only resort to open in the Maldives’ Thaa Atoll, nestled in the archipelago’s southern reaches well regarded for its diving and surf breaks. With no light pollution, the dark night skies provide incredible viewing of the moon and stars.
For more information on COMO Hotels and Resorts or to book the next stay, please visit https://www.comohotels.com/en/maalifushi
COMO Group and COMO Hotels and Resorts
The COMO Group, headquartered in Singapore, represents Christina Ong’s unique vision of contemporary living. The Group encompasses the hospitality collection, COMO Hotels and Resorts, which offers personalised luxury travel experiences through individualised service, a commitment to holistic wellness, and award-winning cuisine. Each hotel is developed in response to the destination it inhabits. The Group also includes the international luxury fashion retailer Club 21, the award-winning wellness concept COMO Shambhala, COMO Lifestyle including COMO Dempsey in Singapore and the philanthropic COMO Foundation.
Get a glimpse of the beautiful destinations and follow exciting adventures on Instagram @comohotels
Astronaut, Nicole Stott
Nicole Stott is a NASA astronaut (retired), aquanaut, artist, author, engineer and mother. She is also the co-founder of the Space for Art foundation. Her career at NASA spanned almost three decades. She has spent 104 days in space at the International Space Station (ISS) and was the tenth woman in history to conduct a spacewalk.
For more personalised information tips and advice, or to book this incredible holiday contact your local TravelManagers’ personal travel manager here.
For more information visit travelmanagers.com.au