Insider Knowledge Courtesy of The Rees Hotel’s concierge team
Who doesn’t like to live like a local? The Rees Hotel’s concierge team has put their heads together for some tips for your next visit to Queenstown which will hopefully be soon!
- Try paragliding from Coronet Peak – the thrills are only surpassed by the views you’ll have of Queenstown
- You know you want to: bungy jump with AJ Hackett bungy: jump, swing, catapult or zip ride to your favourite tune for adrenaline thrill seekers only and relive the memory and bragging rights on social media forever!
- Get wet! Jetboating with Shotover Jet or from The Rees Hotel’s private wharf on Lake Wakatipu;
Event: Queenstown Marathon 21 November
- Take a heli-wine tour of the region’s wineries and a tipple at historic Cardona pub.
- Shop at Queenstown’s many boutique local- label stores, craft and art galleries or be spoilt and soak it up in local onsens and spas.
- Fancy a round of golf? There are seven challenging and scenically gorgeous courses to try within a 45-minute drive. Or frisbee golf is a great alternative for those less serious.
- Cycle the vines in Gibbston with return transfers to The Rees for you and your cycles, or a half-day “Bike the Bridges” tour.
- Water sports are plentiful in and around Lake Wakatipu and so easy from The Rees’ private wharf. Jet boating, or a ferry ride to Queenstown CBD
- Seriously in love? A heli- proposal or wedding will take your love to new heights. The Rees can arrange a romantic setting for the proposal or the whole wedding from start to finish with accommodation and venue for the reception to suit any size event, in the spectacular setting of Queenstown.
- Not- so- serious but want some time together? Romantic getaways a specialty in beautiful Queenstown with sophisticated or laid-back options for activities, experiences, and time alone with that special someone that you will always remember. Onsen hot pools, couples spa treatments, a heli-picnic for two, a walk, hike or bike ride, wine -tasting, gourmet dining or simply bunker down for some time alone in the luxury of your apartment with every comfort and those awesome views.
- Love on the lake? A Valentine’s Day getaway could include a mellow boat cruise, a kayak adventure for two or madly exciting jetboat ride to get the heart pumping
Event: NZ Open 25-28 February 2021
For more personalised information tips and advice, or to book this incredible holiday contact your local TravelManagers’ personal travel manager here.