Fiji’s stunning scenery and pristine oceans are the answer to finding ultimate relaxation and inner peace. Its is made up of over 300 islands all remarkable in their own right. However, for someone wanting the best of the best, the cream of the crop, the most luxurious of all the islands, look no further than this ultimate millionaire’s guide to Fiji’s finest private island accommodation.
Footprints are barely left in the white sand beach as you make your way to the blue-green ocean. The sun warms you and the ocean embraces you. Gliding through the water only for a moment, you take a breath and dive down. Below, vibrantly coloured coral reefs are waiting…
1. Laucala Island, Fiji
With absolutely no expense spared in creating Laucala Island‘s luxury island experience, you know you’re bound to have a good time. And the good news is, you can invite up to 71 others to join you on your island getaway. There are twenty-four villas to choose from on the island. Although, if you’re willing to pay extra for the twenty-fifth and most luxurious villa, Hilltop Villa, you certainly won’t regret it.
This island has everything covered from relaxing to adventurous. On arrival each guest is treated to a 90 minute spa session. You can take to the 18-hole golf course designed by David McLay Kidd, cycle around the island, learn local crafts, go horse riding, get involved in a variety of water sports, go diving, sailing, and even jump aboard the Deep Flight Super Falcon submarine for an adrenaline boost.
Laucala Island costs $150,000 US per night with a minimum of five nights stay. To get to the island you’ll need to transfer from Nadi International Airport to Laucala’s private air strip. There are two six-seater planes which cost $600 per person each way or if your guest list is a little bigger you can book a charted flight for up to 40 aboard Fiji Airways sister company Pacific Sun which will cost $8000 each way.
All meals and drinks are included. So, of the five restaurants on the island, you can take your pick of Champagne, house wines, spirits and soft drinks as well as organising the chefs to tailor design a menu for any specific parties, events or themes while you’re there.
It’s a million dollar getaway, with all the perks.
2. Kokomo Private Island, Fiji
Kokomo Private Island is the $100 million dollar passion project of Australian man, Lang Walker. You wont have a care in the world from the moment you arrive on the island.
You can choose between one of the twenty-one Beachfront Villas or one of five Luxury Residences. The villas are all designed in a Fijian fusion style, bringing together tradition and modern luxury. The beach front villas are spread out across two stretches of white sand beach, and have between one to three rooms. The Luxury Residences are tucked away and boast some of the best views on the entire island. There is nothing shy about the size of the Luxury Residences which have been described as “grand in size and appearance”.
While the island was designed to be ultra-luxurious, sustainability has also been a major focal point through the design process. The design includes an on-site water filtration system, grey water collection system, organic garden and coral gardening project. At Kokomo, there is encouragement for local involvement, they provide education, support and training in place for the neighbouring islands and almost 95% of the staff are Fijians.
You can do everything here including: snorkelling, surfing, diving, paddle-boarding, coral garden restoration, island excursions, yoga, tennis, spa treatments… the list of opportunities is almost endless.
Prices range from 2,500 US to 12,950 US per night. For an island buyout, which can accommodate up to 140 guests, you’re looking at 130,000 US.
White sand beaches, pristine waters and lush rainforests await you on your luxury island escape.
3. Dolphin Island, Fiji
An island experience just for the privileged few. At Dolphin Island the island is yours and yours alone. You wont share this paradise with any one you don’t know – except of course the exceptional staff who will be as present or as scarce as you desire.
Dolphin Island encourages its guests to immerse themselves in Fijian culture through traditional activities and practices like kava ceremonies, tapa cloth making, listening to village elders tell stories and legends that have been passed down for generations and of course singing, dancing and feeling the rhythm of traditional drums. You can experience everything from local life to diving to finding inner wellbeing at Dolphin Island.
The island offers seven styles of packages, should any of them take your fancy…
- House Party: A three night stay for 6 to 8 guests where you can sip cocktails, watch fire eating and snorkel your way around the island (well, going around the whole island might be a little adventurous…)
- Family Time: No surprises here, this package is perfect for some quality family time. Its a four night whirlwind adventure for two adults and two children (12 years and below). The package is totally designed to suit your family travel style, so you won’t need to worry about yourselves or the kids on this holiday – you’ll be too busy having fun.
- Pacific Time: This eight night package will have you holidaying in Fiji AND New Zealand. With four nights planned on Dolphin Island followed by four nights at its sister sister property Huka Lodge, you’ll be enjoying five-course dinners, fully organised travel between the two sites and a Louis Roederer Champagne on arrival.
- Romance: I’m not sure I really need to tell you what you’ll be doing if you pick this package but let’s just say on top of that, you’ll be enjoying a Louis Roederer Champagne breakfast, two spa treatments (an hour-long massage and a papaya facial), a romantic picnic and a traditional Lovo Feast accompanied by Fijian musicians.
- Intrepid Dive & Hike: Three days of diving in unbelievably pristine waters, cave exploring and, despite what TLC say, you’ll be chasing some pretty epic waterfalls.
- Relais & Châteaux: This package will have you experiencing the finest luxury lodges in New Zealand as well as having your own private island adventure on Dolphin Island across eight days.
- Condé Nast Traveler Friends: Friends who travel together stay together. This four day package is designed just for you and your friends to relax and enjoy a massage and coconut body scrub… or two.
A minimum two night stay is required at Dolphin Island with prices starting at 1,500 NZ per person, per night.
Its a place you will leave feeling brighter and lighter than ever.
4. Taveuni Palms, Fiji
Taveuni Palms is the honeymoon destination your dreams are made of. With each villa having its own acre of beachfront, a private pool and personal staff of not one, not two, but SEVEN. Taveuni Palms will have you swooning with desire. Currently nominated for the 2018 Haute Grandeur Global Hotel Awards, along with several other nominations and wins over the years, it truly is bound to be a sure fire winner in your heart.
There are adventures on land and in the ocean just waiting to blow you away with beauty. A trip to the spa and you won’t even remember the definition of ‘stress’. And the food, don’t even get me started on the food. Let’s just say you will be going on a South Pacific flavour journey and it will be sensational.
The rates start at 1,500 US per night. Included in the price is:
- A private beachfront
- Choice of the Beach Villa (2 bedroom) or the Horizon Spa Villa (3 bedroom)
- Champagne on arrival
- Person staff of seven
- Nespresso coffee machine (I love you George Clooney)
- Complimentary resort activities including kayaks, paddle boards, snorkelling gear, bikes, and cooking lessons with a personal chef
- Complimentary 1 hour after flight recovery massage upon arrival
The list of perks really doesn’t stop. If you still haven’t booked you ticket, I have one word for you: dolphins. If dolphins think the island is good enough to hang around then i’m inclined to agree with them.